Sunday, January 23, 2011

About me is always nice

I was born in Paris only to discover I didn't speak French and was forced, mistakenly, to Australia where I learned to play the accordion. At age nine I quit my job wrestling crocodiles and took the next flight to Vienna to study art. I put the brushes down and picked up hang-gliding. After falling in and out of love I awoke with a head ache in Sub-Saharan Africa where I used salt for currency. I took a steamship to the US and to my astonishment was unable to buy things with salt.

This is generally how I like to describe myself and that is about all the personal information I will divulge. Currently I am an author and work a day job that I don't always enjoy. The day job will remain anonymous for the purpose that currently I need to keep it.

Working a day job while pursuing a new career that is painfully slow to launch is tough. The term doubling often pops into my head. The one thing I will divulge about my job is that I attempt to make peoples career dreams come true all the while dying on the inside. I call it doubling because I have to act enthused by placement numbers and people who believe they should be given a job with good pay simply because they paid for a certificate that says they are qualified. Sorry.

Doubling is a tern often applied to Nazi doctors. During the war, WWII, Nazi doctors routinely treated people (mostly Jews) in concentration camps. It was their job to ensure the slave labor was well enough to continue to work until systematically murdered. How can a doctor heal a person who's purpose is to die?

Well I help people find their dream job all the while struggling to discover mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment